My Desk 2014

As 2014 draws to a close, a quick note from my writing desk(s):


You might already know that I travel from place to place when I write. Sometimes I find a table inside a coffee shop, sometimes I wander around outside. Most of this movement is helpful in that it keeps me fresh and wide-eyed. It helps me pause and take notice, even if the view is a stormy parking lot or a soggy street corner.


No matter where I land, I love my work. In 2014, I've been lucky enough to slowly reframe my days so that writing and well-being are at the center. 


I can't say enough how grateful I am for this time.


Writing is what brings me alive. Stories of love and survival matter to me. They help me connect to the people I love. They help me learn. No matter where I perch with my laptop or notebook, stories help me to see what makes this strange and difficult world so precious.


And yes, I want to contribute in some small way. I'm working to shape one place, one corner, one body of work to better reflect the peace and love I feel at the root of all things.



My writing goals for 2015 are about more time and more peace.


So many of you kind folks have made this year possible for me. Thank you for your kind words of encouragement, thumbs up, smiles and nods, comments and likes. Thank you for your friendship, distant or near. You made this year a wonderful one for me and my family. May your 2015 shine bright. May your stories unfold in surprising and joyous ways.


Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the Weeds

Phoebe - One Year

The Realist's Plea